Please join us for a live zoom meeting to discuss how Cuba is successfully facing the COVID-19 pandemic, and how this can help end the US blockade of Cuba.
* Host Stephanie Sarantos will introduce the presenters.
* Dr. Xochitl Garcia, graduate of Cuba’s ELAM medical school, will compare Cuba’s success to the USA’s failure in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Movie on Cuban health care teams.
* Jim Page, musical guest.
* Margaret Flowers will summarize the current situation in Venezuela emphasizing the risks posed by possible direct U.S. intervention.
* Cindy Domingo will introduce the Saving Lives Campaign, a new project to promote medical collaboration between Cuba and the United States as a means of helping to end the U.S. blockade.
* John Waller on IFCO’s role in the Saving Lives Campaign.
* John Naubert will introduce the book Red Zone: Cuba and Ebola
* Questions and Discussion.
Please register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
* Seattle/Cuba Friendship Committee
* IFCO (Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization)
* US Women and Cuba Collaboration