From Miami, to New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, on the last Sunday of the month, pickets and Car Caravans of Cuban Americans and their allies are calling for an end to all aspects of the 60 year old U.S. economic blockade of Cuba!
On Sunday, April 25, 2021 the Seattle Cuba Friendship Committee, along with local Cuban Americans, will join the actions around the country.
GATHER and DECK OUT cars with signs!
Meet at 11am.
Park along NE 127th Street near Lake City Way
Walk down to NE 125th Street
11am Picket on the East side of Lake City Way
11:50am Walk back to our cars, spend 10 minutes or so decorating them, then start Caravan
12 noon Begin car caravan:
* Turn right from NE 127th Street onto Lake City Way going South
* Turn right onto NE 125th Street, drive West
* Turn right onto 15th Avenue NE, drive North
* Turn right onto NE 145th Avenue, drive East
* Turn right onto Lake City Way, drive South
* Turn right onto NE 125th Street to do it all over again. We could do two or three times because it's not a super long route
1pm End Caravan
We will be wearing masks and socially distancing. If you have concerns about COVID safety it is fine to join us just for the car caravan.
Event will end at 1pm.
For more information contact Seattle/Cuba Friendship Committee:
Co-sponsored by the US Women and Cuba Collaboration, ANSWER Seattle, Party for Socialism and Liberation Seattle, Socialist Workers Party